Mommy Makeover in Pittsburgh
Mommy Makeover Fast Facts
Some of the changes after pregnancy are sagging of the breast and redundant skin of the abdomen. Trust your mommy makeover procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- A mommy makeover at ReNova Plastic Surgery addresses both issues by enhancing the breast (breast augmentation and breast lift) and improving the contour of the abdomen (tummy tuck).
- This procedure is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 4-6 hours.
- The usual recovery time is 2 weeks.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a procedure designed to reverse some of the changes of pregnancy in women. Some of these changes are lack of volume and saggy breasts, in addition to lack of tone to the abdomen. A mommy makeover may include breast augmentation, sometimes a breast lift, and a tummy tuck.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is performed in a hospital with general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about three and a half to 5 hours. You will stay overnight in the hospital.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
When undergoing a mommy makeover, the main decisions are related to the breast portion of the procedure. If the implant is not enough to bring the youthful look to the breast, a breast lift might be also required.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your procedure, you should plan for the following:
- 1-2 weeks off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Drains in your abdomen
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume light body activities in a few weeks, upper body activities at 6 weeks
- Follow-up appointments at: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications for the breast work are:
- Capsular Contracture (10-15%)
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Deflation of the Implant (for saline implants)
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient