Correct Torn Earlobes through Earlobe Repair
Earlobe Repair Fast Facts
The earlobe repair procedure at our Pittsburgh, PA, practice is designed to correct torn earlobes of gauged earlobes.
- This procedure is performed under local anesthesia and it is usually completed in 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the severity of the problem
- The usual recovery time is 2-3 days.
Trust your earlobe repair procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh.
What is Earlobe Repair?
Earlobe repair is the improvement of torn earlobes or gauged earlobes that were dilated, altering the original shape.
How and where is the surgery done?
This procedure is done in our office under local anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1.5 to 2 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
Can I plan on doing the surgery 1 week prior to any trips or events?
Definitely NOT. Earlobe repair is a very well tolerated procedure. However, it will leave bruising and swelling that will be present for 3-5 days. Plan ahead if you are planning on this surgery.
Do I need to have my stitches removed?
The answer is yes and no. When doing your earlobe repair, we will use absorbable stitches. Despite the use of ointments and massage, we will need to remove some of the remaining stitches that did not fall or disappear.
How is the post-op recovery?
Following your procedure, you should plan for the following:
- 2-3 days off from work
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow-up appointments at: 1 week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
- When doing earlobe repair, some of the possible complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient