What’s the Difference Between SculpSure and CoolSculpting?
By Julio Clavijo-Alvarez M.D. on March 14, 2016
For the growing population of people who want a slimmer, sleeker physique without going through an invasive surgery, the latest fat reduction technology is here in the form of SculpSure. SculpSure fat reduction is a non-invasive body contouring treatment that uses laser technology to get rid of stubborn fat on a patient’s stomach and flanks (the area where “love handles” often reside). ReNova Plastic Surgery is proud to offer this latest advancement in fat reduction. In this blog post, Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez discusses how it works to eradicate fat for good, and what makes it superior to CoolSculpting treatment.
How Exactly Does SculpSure Work?
The SculpSure fat reduction treatment uses laser energy to heat up the fat cells in the treatment area, which causes them injury. The natural response of the body’s immune system is then to eliminate those damaged fat cells, which are naturally metabolized by the body. Since this treatment is non-invasive, the heating of the fat cells is done through laser light administered by a handheld applicator that is moved over the surface of the skin in the area(s) being treated.
What is a SculpSure Fat Reduction Treatment Like?
A SculpSure treatment takes approximately 25 minutes, during which time patients are free to read, listen to music, or use their phones. No anesthetic is used or needed, as this is a non-invasive and painless treatment. Although SculpSure uses focused laser heat to damage fat cells, it is administered through an applicator that cools the area as it works, so that it doesn’t affect the surface of the skin or cause discomfort. Instead of using suction like other fat reduction methods (such as CoolSculpting), the applicator itself is laid flat on the skin, allowing the laser energy to penetrate into the underlying tissue. And since SculpSure uses four separate applicator heads, the doctor is able to treat multiple areas at once for maximum body sculpting benefits in a shorter period of time. After the treatment, patients are free to return to work, driving and all other normal daily activities — there is no recovery period or downtime. Results can be seen in as little as six weeks, and optimal results after 12 weeks.
SculpSure vs. CoolSculpting: Why SculpSure Comes out on Top
With a 90 percent patient satisfaction rate, SculpSure fat reduction treatment is clearly ahead of the game over other treatments of its kind — including CoolSculpting, a fat reduction method that uses cooling technology to freeze and eliminate fat cells. A comparison of the two methods, as follows, shows why SculpSure fat reduction is superior.
- CoolSculpting: 60 minutes
- SculpSure: 25 minutes
Number of applicators used:
- CoolSculpting uses only one applicator.
- SculpSure uses four applicators, allowing the doctor to treat multiple areas at once — and in a shorter period of time.
Patient comfort level:
- CoolSculpting applicator (whether vacuum-assisted or flat) potentially creates a number of sensations, including pulling, tugging, tingling or stinging.
- SculpSure applicator moves over surface of skin comfortably; use of chilled applicator head ensures maximum patient comfort level.
- CoolSculpting patients often report discomfort, bruising and/or a numbing sensation in the treatment area for weeks after treatment.
- SculpSure patients have not reported any of these effects after their treatment.
- A CoolSculpting treatment results in a 22 percent reduction of fat in the treatment area after two to four months
- A SculpSure treatment results in a 25 percent reduction of fat in the treatment area after only six weeks to three months
Learn More about SculpSure Fat Reduction
Find out more about this innovative, effective fat reduction method offered at ReNova Plastic Surgery when you schedule a consultation with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez. Call his practice today at (412) 638-2391.
Related to This
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient