Thigh Lift - Thighplasty Fast Facts
Trust your thighplasty procedure to the best-reviewed thigh lift surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- A thigh lift (thighplasty) is the enhancement of the thighs by removing the rolls resulting from massive weight loss.
- Procedure is performed under general anesthesia
- It is usually completed in 1.5 hours
- The usual recovery time is 1-2 weeks.
What is a Thigh Lift procedure?
Thighplasty is the removal of excess fat tissue and skin rolls secondary to massive weight loss.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility or the hospital. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 3 to 4 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my body contouring procedure?
The most important decision is related to the timing of the thigh lift. Usually, a lower body lift is recommended before in order to address the upper and outer side of the leg.
What is the recovery after medial thighplasty?
Following your thigh lift, you should plan for the following:
- 1 -2 weeks off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- 2 drains
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume lower body activities at 1 week, upper body activities at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur after inner thigh lift?
Some of the possible complications following your thigh lift include:
- Seroma (fluid collection)
- Chronic swelling (lymphedema) of the legs and thighs
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Recurrence of the laxity especially with additional weight loss
Thigh Lift Cost Near Pittsburgh, PA
The typical cost for Thigh lift near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ranges from $5,000 - $12,000.
This price variation is based on calculations published on Realself. A few of the variables that determine costs of a procedure will vary by surgeon, geographic region and complexity of the procedure.