Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss
After significant weight loss, excess skin can prevent you from looking and feeling your best. Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez performs a range of procedures at his Pittsburgh, PA, practice. He can refine contours for patients who have undergone bariatric surgery and lost significant weight. Body contouring after massive weight loss helps remove and tighten sagging skin. We offer a variety of body contouring procedures, from thigh lifts to tummy tucks that can help you achieve your final goals.
Are You a Good Candidate?
While body contouring is an effective tool for fine-tuning weight loss results, it is not always the best option for every patient. In addition to receiving medical clearance for plastic surgery, you should wait until you are at a stable weight, which can take anywhere from six months to several years.
A number of factors can also hinder healing and potentially complicate your results, such as smoking or medical conditions such as diabetes. Depending on your health history, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez may recommend considering other options. Most importantly, though, you must be committed to maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after body contouring procedures. Fluctuating weight and other issues can limit the results of treatment.
Body Contouring Procedures We Offer
Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can perform any number of procedures to help you achieve your ideal post weight-loss results. You may choose to combine procedures to achieve more dramatic results. Your treatments may include:
- Arm Lift: Also known as a brachioplasty, this surgery targets excess skin in the upper arms. With discreet incisions, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can remove and reposition tissue to tone your arms.
- Breast Lift: With a breast lift, the doctor can remove excess skin and reposition the breast tissue, areola, and nipple for a more youthful bust line. For patients interested in breast augmentation, he can combine the procedure with a fat transfer or implants.
- Tummy Tuck: Excess skin around your abdomen can cause clothes to fit poorly and lead to significant irritation. By removing these folds and any stubborn fat tissue, a tummy tuck can create a flatter abdomen.
Body contouring can remove excess skin and fat to help you achieve the most significant results after losing significant amounts of weight.
- Butt Lift: With this procedure, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can address excess skin and fat in the upper buttocks and lower back to create a voluptuous backside.
- Thigh Lift: The doctor can use a variety of surgical techniques to refine your inner, outer, and upper legs and hips. Incisions will be tailored to your needs and typically placed in discreet areas that can often be hidden with clothing.
When deciding which procedures to include in your surgery, the doctor will take into consideration both your unique needs and time constraints.
Achieve Your Desired Silhouette
Body contouring can remove excess skin and fat to help you achieve the most significant results after losing significant amounts of weight. If you have recently experienced significant weight loss and are struggling with excess or sagging skin, contact our team at ReNova Plastic Surgery online or by calling 412-254-8501 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient