Gain a Perkier Posterior through Butt Lift Surgery
Buttock Lift Fast Facts
Trust your lower body lift procedure, also known as a butt lift, to Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez, the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Lower body lift, also known as a butt lift is a procedure designed to remove excess skin from the upper buttock area after massive weight loss.
- With advancing age or weight gain, people develop love handles skin, folds to the back, and a droopy buttock.
- It is a procedure designed to address these issues.
- The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 3 hours.
- The usual recovery time is two weeks.
What is a Butt Lift?
Lower body lift also known as buttock lift is the removal of excess fat and skin to the upper buttock area. This procedure will improve the contour of the love handles and elevate the buttock.
How and where is the surgery done?
It is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 3 to 3:30 hours. It is done as an inpatient procedure.
Do I need to have my stitches removed?
The answer is yes and no. When doing your buttock lift, we will use absorbable stitches.
How is the post-op recovery?
Following your buttock lift, you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- 4 drains
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: Resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
When doing a buttock lift, some of the possible complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Wide scars
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient