What is a Circumferential Body Lift?
Circumferential Body Lift – Belt Lipectomy Fast Facts
Trust your circumferential body lift (belt lipectomy) procedure to Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez in Pittsburgh, PA, the best-reviewed plastic surgeon.
- Circumferential body lift, also known as a belt lipectomy, is a procedure design to remove excess skin from the abdomen, love handles and upper buttock area after massive weight loss.
- It is a procedure designed to address these issues.
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 5 hours.
- The usual recovery time is two weeks.
What is Circumferential Body Lift (Belt Lipectomy)?
Circumferential Body Lift also known as Belt Lipectomy is the removal of excess fat and skin to the abdomen, love handles, and upper buttock area.
How and where is the surgery done?
The circumferential body lift is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 4 to 5 hours. It is done as an inpatient procedure.
Do I need to have my stitches removed?
The answer is yes and no. When doing your circumferential body lift we will use absorbable stitches. However, the stitches holding the drains will need to be removed at the time of the drain removal.
How is the post op recovery?
Following a circumferential body lift procedure, you should plan for the following:
- 2 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- 4-6 drains
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: Resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
When doing a Circumferential Body Lift, some of the possible complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Wide scars
- Seroma formation (40%)
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient