Trust Your Labiaplasty Procedure to a Skilled Plastic Surgeon
Labiaplasty Fast Facts
Trust your labiaplasty procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Labiaplasty addresses skin laxity and elongation to the labia minora and labia majora that results in discomfort wearing underwear or tight clothing
- The surgery will remove the excess skin by enhancing the contour of the labia.
- It is performed under mild sedation and local anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 1 ½ hours.
- The usual recovery time is 1 to 2 weeks.
What is Labiaplasty?
It is the removal of excess tissue to the labia minora.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under local and sedation anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1 hour. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What are some of the limitations of the procedure?
The main limitation of Labiaplasty is the excess of skin close to the clitoris. We need to preserve the hood of skin in this area, to avoid changes in sensation.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your surgery, you should plan for the following:
- 3-7 days off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 2-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume lower body activities slowly at 1 week
- No sexual intercourse for 4-6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications after labiaplasty are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Opening of the sutures
Labiaplasty Cost Near Pittsburgh, PA
The typical cost for Labiaplasty near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ranges from $2,200 - $4,025.
This price variation is based on calculations published on Realself. A few of the variables that determine costs of a procedure will vary by surgeon, geographic region and complexity of the procedure.
Directions to ReNova Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient