Contour Your Body with Liposuction
Liposuction & Liposculpture Fast Facts
Liposuction, also known as liposculpture, is a procedure performed at our Pittsburgh, PA, practice that involves the removal of fat deposits with a thin cannula facilitating the contour of the troublesome areas.
- If you suffer from stubborn fat deposits to your neck, arms, side breast, love handles, saddle bags, and inner thighs, you may be a good candidate for liposuction.
- This procedure is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 1 to 2 hours per area of concern.
- The usual recovery time is two weeks.
Trust your procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction involves the removal of excess fat deposits from multiple areas of the body.
How and where is the surgery done?
The Liposuction is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1 to 4 hours depending on how many areas are addressed. It is done as an outpatient procedure if the fat deposits are removed amount to less than 5 liters. Otherwise, you should stay in the hospital for one day for monitoring.
Can I plan on doing the surgery 1 week prior to my 25th-year reunion?
Definitively NOT. Liposuction is a very well tolerated procedure. However, it will leave bruising and swelling that will be present for 1 or 2 weeks. Plan ahead if you are planning on this surgery.
Do I need to have my stitches removed?
The answer is NO. When doing your liposuction, we will use absorbable stitches. Despite the use of ointments and massage, we will need to remove some of the remaining stitches that did not fall or disappear.
How is the post op recovery?
Following your liposuction you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- No need for drains
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow-up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
When doing liposuction, some of the possible complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Seroma formation (fluid collection within the tissues)
Liposuction Cost Near Pittsburgh, PA
The typical cost for Liposuction near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ranges from $4,000 - $9,000.
This price variation is based on calculations published on Realself. A few of the variables that determine costs of a procedure will vary by surgeon, geographic region and complexity of the procedure.
Directions to ReNova Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient