Contour Excess Skin and Fat Deposits with a Pubic Lift
Pubic Lift (Mons Lift) Fast Facts
Trust your pubic lift procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Changes in weight may favor redundant skin and fat deposits to the pubic area.
- A pubic lift will address the contour of this area
- This procedure is performed under sedation and local anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 1 hour.
- The usual recovery time is 1 week.
What is a Pubic Lift?
A mons lift, also known as pubic lift, is the removal of excess fat and skin to the mons area. This procedure will improve the contour of the pubic area.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under sedation and local anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1 hour and it is done as an out-patient procedure.
Do I need to have my stitches removed?
The answer is yes and no. When doing your Mons Lift, we will use absorbable stitches. Sometimes we need to leave drains which are secured with permanent stitches.
How is the post op recovery?
Following your Mons Lift, you should plan for the following:
- 2-3 days off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Possibly one drains
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: Resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
When doing a mons lift, some of the possible complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Wide scars
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient