Eliminate Fat Deposits with SmartLipo Laser Liposuction
Have you been struggling to lose excess fat despite working out and eating well? If you are considering liposuction, but are afraid of the risks of surgery, SmartLipo laser liposuction at our Pittsburgh, PA, practice may be right for you!
SmartLipo Fast Facts
- SmartLipo Triplex is the reshaping of areas with excessive fat volume
- The surgery is performed under local anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 1 to 2 hours.
- The usual recovery time is 1-2 weeks.
- You will see results in several weeks or months after the procedure.
- Results may be different among patients. *
ReNova Plastic Surgery offers the revolutionary Smartlipo procedure right in the comfort of our office. Smartlipo is generally best suited for patients who are healthy and not significantly overweight but still looking to reduce fat and tighten their problem areas. Laser liposuction can permanently reduce fat on the neck, jawline, arms, abdomen, thighs, knees, and any other area that holds excess fat.
This procedure is minimally-invasive, unlike traditional liposuction procedures, and can be completed in one session with only the need for a local anesthetic. Laser energy is targeting directly to fat cells which help to liquefy the cells while at the same time stimulating collagen production to the surrounding skin. This not only reduces the fat stores in problem areas, but also allows for the skin to tighten and rejuvenate.
Because SmartLipo is minimally invasive, most patients are able to return to their daily activities in as little as two days, and many report seeing a visible difference immediately after the procedure. However, it is important to note that the best results will be seen three to six months following the procedure as more collagen has been produced. Some patients may experience minimal trauma and bruising, but because the procedure is non-surgical you will be able to recover at home in a shorter amount of time.
Keep scrolling down to learn more!
Trust your SmartLipo Triplex procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh.
Laser Liposuction with Smart Lipo
SmartLipo Triplex is the latest cutting edge technology for LASER liposuction. Different from old LASER equipment, SmartLipo Triplex delivers 3 LASER wavelengths facilitating the bleeding control, the fat contouring and tightening the skin. The bottom line is a better result with less side effects and quicker recovery.
Why SmartLipo Triplex?
Because it troubleshoots the limitations of traditional and old technologies. Resulting in:
- Tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation
- Reliable, controlled energy delivery
- Reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime
- Less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction
- High-definition body sculpting capabilities
What is NEW with the technology within SmartLipo Triplex?
Smartlipo Triplex technology provides unique wavelength options to deliver predictable and reproducible patient outcomes:
- Blend 1064 nm and 1440 nm to effortlessly disrupt fatty tissue with less patient downtime.
- Blend 1064 nm and 1320 nm to cause coagulation in the subdermal layer.
How and where is the surgery done?
SmartLipo Triplex is done in Our office surgical facility. It is done under Local and Tumescent anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1 to 2 hours depending on how many areas are addressed. It is done as an outpatient procedure if the quantity of fat deposits that are removed add less than 3 liters.
Can I plan on doing the surgery 1 week prior to my 25th-year reunion?
Definitively NOT. SmartLipo Triplex is a very well tolerated procedure. However, it will leave bruising and swelling that will be present for 1 or 2 weeks. Plan ahead if you are planning on this surgery.
Do I need to have my stitches removed?
The answer is NO. When doing your LASER Liposuction we will use absorbable stitches. Despite the use of ointments and massage, we will need to remove some of the remaining stitches that did not fall or disappear.
How is the post op recovery?
Following your SmartLipo Triplex, you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- You may have some drains
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
When doing LASER Liposuction with SmartLipo Triplex, some of the potential complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Seroma formation (fluid collection within the tissues)
All procedures carry risks. Discuss your options by scheduling a consult to meet with Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez today!
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient