Achieve Slimmer Legs through Thigh Lift Surgery
Thigh Lift (Thighplasty) Fast Facts
Trust your thighplasty procedure to the best-reviewed thigh lift surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- A thigh lift (thighplasty) is the enhancement of the thighs by removing the rolls resulting from massive weight loss.
- Procedure is performed under general anesthesia
- It is usually completed in 1.5 hours
- The usual recovery time is 1-2 weeks.
What is a Thigh Lift?
Thighplasty is the removal of excess fat tissue and skin rolls secondary to massive weight loss.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility or the hospital. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 3 to 4 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
The most important decision is related to the timing of the thigh lift. Usually, a lower body lift is recommended before in order to address the upper and outer side of the leg.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your thigh lift, you should plan for the following:
- 1 -2 weeks off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- 2 drains
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume lower body activities at 1 week, upper body activities at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications following your thigh lift include:
- Seroma (fluid collection)
- Chronic swelling (lymphedema) of the legs and thighs
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Recurrence of the laxity especially with additional weight loss
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient