A Variety of Breast Surgery Services from a Trusted Doctor
Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez has quickly become best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh PA. At Re-Nova Plastic Surgery, we offer a suite of breast surgery services. These include: breast lifts (mastopexy), breast augmentation, breast reduction, male breast reduction (gynecomastia), and breast reconstruction.
Our Breast Surgery Services
During the initial consultation, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez obtains a complete medical history, performs a detailed physical exam and thoroughly listens to each of the patient’s specific concerns. With this information, patients are then educated on potential options customized to satisfy their expectations. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez provides highly personalized care, taking both a comprehensive and artistic approach to achieve your cosmetic goals.
Most breast surgery procedures are completed as an outpatient using general anesthesia in an accredited state-certified facility (AAAASF). Some of the most commonly performed breast surgeries include:
- Breast Augmentation
- This procedure is also known as an augmentation mammoplasty. Silicone or saline breast implants can be used to enhance the size of the breasts, as well as injecting fat tissue from your own body into the breasts.
- Breast Augmentation and Lift
- Also known as augmentation mastopexy, this procedure not only enhances the size of the breasts, but also repositions the areola and nipple for more youthful looking breasts.
- Breast Lift
- Breasts can begin to lose volume and sag with age, weight loss and pregnancy. With a mastopexy, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can reshape the breast tissue, remove excess skin, reduce the size of the areola if necessary and reposition the nipple and areola to a more youthful location. This helps to create a fuller-looking bust-line and sleeker silhouette.
- Patients with larger breasts often experience neck and back pain, rashes, and bra indentations. A breast reduction involves removing excess breast tissue to provide a smaller bustline. In some circumstances, this procedure may be covered by the patient’s health insurance.
- Breast Reconstruction
- Patients diagnosed with breast cancer may require a partial or full mastectomy. Breast reconstruction can then be performed at the same time (immediate) of the mastectomy or as a delayed procedure. This is determined based on the individuals needs and breast cancer treatment and recovery. Implants, tissue expanders or fat tissue from your own body can be used to reconstruct the breasts, areolas, and nipples to restore the bustline.
- Breast Reconstruction Revisions
- If you are unhappy with your breast reconstruction surgery performed by a previous surgeon, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can provide reconstruction revisions.
- Breast Revision
- For patients unhappy with the size or location of their implants, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can remove or replace breast implants and correct any complications to help you achieve your desired results.
Schedule Your Consultation
Having your procedure performed by a highly experienced surgeon will help ensure you receive your desired results. To learn more about the types of breast surgeries Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers, contact our practice today to schedule your personal consultation.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient