A Variety of Breast Surgery Services from a Trusted Doctor
Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez has quickly become Pittsburgh’s best-reviewed plastic surgeon, and offers customized breast surgery services at his Pittsburgh, PA, practice. Because Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez is highly accessible to each patient he treats and passionate about delivering quality care, he is highly sought after. He is known throughout the community for delivering satisfying results. At ReNova Plastic Surgery, we offer a suite of breast surgery services, including breast lifts, breast augmentation, male breast reduction, and breast reconstruction.
Our Breast Surgery Services
During your initial consultation, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez will administer a detailed medical exam, as well as carefully review each of the procedures, so you can better understand the options available to you. All breast surgery procedures are completed using general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure in our accredited AAAASF, state-certified facility.
Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez provides highly personalized care, taking a comprehensive and artistic approach with each patient he sees. He wants you to feel like a member of the family, while achieving your cosmetic goals. Some of ReNova Plastic Surgery's most commonly performed breast surgeries include:
- Breast Augmentation
- Also known as an augmentation mammoplasty, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can enhance the size of your breasts with silicone breast implants, as well as with fat injections, using fat tissue from your own body. The entire procedure generally takes one to two hours with a two-week recovery.
- Breast Augmentation and Lift
- Also known as augmentation mastopexy, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez not only enhances the size of your breasts, but can also reposition the areola and nipple for a more youthful looking breast and bustline. The procedure generally takes about four hours with a two-week recovery.
- Breast Lift
- Breasts can begin to droop and sag with age, as well as after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. With a mastopexy, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can reshape the breast tissue, remove excess skin, and reposition the nipple and areola to a more youthful location. The procedure generally takes two to three hours and recovery is about one to two weeks.
- Breast Lift after Massive Weight Loss
- Deflated breasts, excess skin, and folds to the chest and back are a common negative side effect after significant weight loss. With a dermal suspension mastopexy, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can remove and reshape excess skin and tissue, as well as reposition the side of the breast to create a fuller-looking bustline and sleeker silhouette. The procedure can generally be completed in five hours and recovery will take about two weeks.
- Breast Reduction
- For patients with larger breasts experiencing neck and back pain, rashes, or bra indentation, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can remove excess breast tissue to alleviate pressure and provide a smaller, younger-looking bustline. This procedure typically takes about three hours and patients can expect about a one to two-week recovery.
- Breast Reconstruction
- For patients diagnosed with breast cancer who require a partial or full mastectomy, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can insert implants or use your own tissue to reconstruct the breast, areola, and nipple to restore your bustline. Our office can provide either an immediate or delayed breast reconstruction, based on your individual needs and breast cancer recovery. The procedure generally takes four to six hours, and patients can expect a two-week recovery.
- Breast Reconstruction Revisions
- If you are unhappy with your breast reconstruction surgery performed by a previous surgeon, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can provide reconstruction revisions.
- Breast Revision
- For patients unhappy with the size or location of their implants, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez can remove or replace breast implants and correct any complications to help you achieve your desired results. The procedure generally takes about one to two hours with a two-week recovery.
Schedule Your Consultation
Having your procedure performed by a highly experienced surgeon will help ensure you receive your desired results. To learn more about the types of breast surgeries Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers, contact our practice today to schedule your personal consultation.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient