Achieve a More Youthful Shape after Breast Lift Surgery
Breast Lift Fast Facts
The breasts often develop a droopy look after pregnancy or significant weight loss. Patients undergoing a breast lift at ReNova Plastic Surgery in Pittsburgh, PA, will have youthful looking breasts with minimal changes on its size.
- The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 2 to 3 hours.
- The usual recovery time is one to two weeks.
Trust your breast lift procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh.
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is the reshaping of the breast, by removing the excess skin but keeping the majority of the breast tissue.
How and where is the surgery done?
The breast lift procedure is done in an accredited AAAASF and state-certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about two and a half to three and a half hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
Do I need to have drains?
The answer is NO. When doing your breast lift, we will NOT need to leave drains. However, if we need to remove some of the tissue, we might need to leave drains to prevent fluid accumulation.
How is the post-op recovery?
Following your procedure, you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- No drains in the majority of cases
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow-up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
When doing a breast lift, some of the potential complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient