Achieve a More Defined Chest after Male Breast Reduction
Male Breast Reduction Surgery Fast Facts
Trust your male breast reduction surgery – Gynecomastia procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Male Breast Surgery, also known as gynecomastia or man boobs is the removal of excess breast tissue for cosmetic purposes.
- Good candidates for male breast reduction, are those males who want to define the contour of the chest by eliminating the overly grown breast tissue.
- Patients undergoing surgery will have a smaller breast with a more defined chest contour.
- It is performed under sedation or general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 2:30 hours.
- The usual recovery time is 1 – 2 weeks.
*Results can vary for each individual
What is Male Breast Reduction?
Male breast surgery also known as gynecomastia or man boobs is the removal of excess breast tissue in males for cosmetic reasons. The contour of the chest will have a more defined and muscular shape.
How and where is the gynecomastia treatment done?
The surgery is done in a surgery center or a hospital. It is done under sedation or general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 2:30 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
How long is the recovery time after Gynecomastia surgery?
Male Breast Surgery is a very well tolerated procedure. However, it causes bruising and swelling that will be present for 1 or 2 weeks. Plan ahead if you are planning on this surgery.
Do I need to have my stitches removed after my surgery?
The answer is Yes and No. When doing your male breast surgery we will use absorbable stitches. You will have drains that are fixed with non-absorbable stitches. These stitches will need to be removed when removing the drains.
How is the post op recovery for Gynecomastia surgery?
Following your surgery you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical and up to 2 weeks if physical.
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Bruising for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 2-3 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur with your Gynecomastia treatment?
When doing male breast reduction surgery, some of the potential complications related to the procedure are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Nipple indentation
- Fat necrosis
Male Breast Reduction Cost Near Pittsburgh PA - Gynecomastia Surgery
The typical cost for Male Breast Reduction near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ranges from $5,000 - $10,000.
This price variation is based on calculations published on Realself. A few of the variables that determine costs of a procedure will vary by surgeon, geographic region and complexity of the procedure.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient