Renew the Look of Your Ears through Otoplasty Surgery
Otoplasty Fast Facts
Ear pinning surgery, also known as otoplasty, is the reshaping of the ears to bring them closer to the head and define the arches within the ear. Trust your otoplasty procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Otoplasty is a procedure that is performed under general anesthesia or mild sedation and local anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 1 to 2 hours.
- The usual recovery time is one to two weeks.
Learn More About Otoplasty
Ear pinning surgery, also known as otoplasty, is the reshaping of the ears by bringing them closer to the head. It also makes the arches of the ears more defined.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is performed in an accredited AAAASF and state-certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia or sedation and local anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about one and a half to two hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your ear surgery, you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- No drains
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume lower body activities at 1 week, upper body activities at 6 weeks
- Follow-up appointments at: 1 week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of possible complications after otoplasty are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Recurrence due to failure of the tissues or the sutures.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient