An Ethnic Nose Job Can Help Complement Ethnic Features
Ethnic Nose Jobs – Fast Facts
Ethnic nose job or rhinoplasty is the reshaping of the nose and/or improvement of breathing issues in patients of Hispanic, African American, Middle Eastern, and Asian descent. Trust your ethnic nose job procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- It is performed under general anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 2 to 4 hours.
- The usual recovery time is one to two weeks.
What is an Ethnic Nose Job?
Ethnic nose jobs cover a wide spectrum of alterations to refine the shape of the nose and/or improve breathing function in patients of Hispanic, African American, Middle Eastern, and Asian heritage. The common characteristics require advanced techniques to achieve the adequate balance to enhance the facial features.
How and where is the surgery done?
Your procedure is performed at an accredited AAAASF- and state-certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 2 to 4 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
When undergoing a nose job, the most important step is to make a list of the things that concern you about your nose shape and breathing. We will do virtual surgery the day of your consultation to address those concerns.
Do I need a splint after the procedure?
It depends. There are two reasons for having splints:
- If we need to break your nasal bones, we will need to have inner and outer splints.
- If we only work on the septum, you will only have inner splints.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your procedure, you should plan for the following:
- 1 week off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 4 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow-up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient