Eliminate Excess Skin and Wrinkling with Neck Lift Surgery
Neck Lift – Pittsburgh
Trust your neck lift procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Facial aging is characterized by the descent of tissues, loss of volume, wrinkling, and skin excess.
- The purpose of the neck lift – Pittsburgh is to reposition the descended tissues and to remove the excess skin. This will create a sharp shape to the aged neck
- A neck lift is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 2 to 4 hours.
- The usual recovery time is one to two weeks.
Neck lift – Pittsburgh – What is it?
A neck lift is the rejuvenation of the neck by repositioning the tissues of your neck in a more youthful position. This can be done by using various techniques depending on the severity of the aging changes to your face.
Neck lift – Pittsburgh – How and where is the surgery done?
The Neck lift is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility or in a hospital depending on the length of the procedure. It is done under sedation and local anesthesia, or general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 3:00 to 5 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure or with one overnight stay.
Neck lift – What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
Patients who elect to have a neck lift should write down the things that bother you about your neck. Bring that list to the consultation to ReNova to have an open conversation with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez about those concerns. Here is a list of some of the most common concerns that my patients share with me:
- Neck bands
- Neck lack of definition
- Fat deposits
Neck lift – What is the post-op recovery?
Following your Neck lift, you should plan for the following:
- 1 -2 weeks off from work if non-physical.
- No driving while taking narcotic medication.
- Drains for 3-5 days.
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks.
- Exercise: May walk immediately. Resume normal activities at 6 weeks.
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year.
Neck lift – What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications after a neck lift are:
- Bleeding (<1%), up to 4-8% in males
- Wide scarring
- Infection (<1%)
- Reaction to the suture material
Trust your neck lift procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient