Eliminate Excess Skin and Wrinkling with Neck Lift Surgery
Neck Lift fast facts
Trust your neck lift procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Facial aging is characterized by the descent of tissues, loss of volume, wrinkling, and skin excess.
- The purpose of the neck lift – Pittsburgh is to reposition the descended tissues and to remove the excess skin. This will create a sharp shape to the aged neck
- A neck lift is performed under general anesthesia and it is usually completed in 2 to 4 hours.
- The usual recovery time is one to two weeks.
What is a Neck lift – Platysmaplasty?
A neck lift is the rejuvenation of the neck by repositioning the tissues of your neck in a more youthful position. This can be done by using various techniques depending on the severity of the aging changes to your face.
How and where is the surgery done?
The Neck lift is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility or in a hospital depending on the length of the procedure. It is done under sedation and local anesthesia, or general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 3:00 to 5 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure or with one overnight stay.
What decisions do I need to make before turkey neck surgery?
Patients who elect to have a neck lift should write down the things that bother you about your neck. Bring that list to the consultation to ReNova to have an open conversation with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez about those concerns. Here is a list of some of the most common concerns that my patients share with me:
- Neck bands
- Neck lack of definition
- Fat deposits
What is the recovery after neck tightening?
Following your Neck lift, you should plan for the following:
- 1 -2 weeks off from work if non-physical.
- No driving while taking narcotic medication.
- Drains for 3-5 days.
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks.
- Exercise: May walk immediately. Resume normal activities at 6 weeks.
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year.
Neck lift – What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications after a neck lift are:
- Bleeding (<1%), up to 4-8% in males
- Wide scarring
- Infection (<1%)
- Reaction to the suture material
Neck Lift Cost Near Pittsburgh, PA
The typical cost for Neck Lift near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ranges from $6,500 - $8,500.
This price variation is based on calculations published on Realself. A few of the variables that determine costs of a procedure will vary by surgeon, geographic region and complexity of the procedure.
Trust your neck lift procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh.
Directions to ReNova Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient