Add Balance and Symmetry through Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty Fast Facts
Trust your rhinoplasty procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Rhinoplasty is the reshaping of the nose and/or improvement of breathing issues.
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 2 to 4 hours.
- The usual recovery time is one to two weeks.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is the refinement of the shape and improvement of the breathing through your nose.
How and where is the surgery done?
ReNova’s rhinoplasty procedures are performed in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1:30 to 4 hours. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
When undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure, the most important step is to make a list of the things that concern you about your nose shape and breathing. We will do virtual surgery the day of your consultation to address those concerns.
Do I need a splint after the procedure?
It depends. After a procedure, there are two reasons for having splints:
- If we need to break your nasal bones, we will need to have inner and outer splints.
- If we only work on the septum, you will only have inner splints.
What is the post op recovery?
Following your nose job procedure, you should plan for the following:
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 4-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume activities at 4 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient