Refresh Your Appearance with Minimally Invasive Injectable Treatments
ReNova Plastic Surgery offers a variety of injectable treatments at our Pittsburgh, PA, practice. Some of the most popular products include: BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, JUVÉDERM®, and Restylane®. These cosmetic treatments can refresh your appearance and diminish the effects of aging.
Muscle Relaxers vs. Dermal Fillers
Muscle relaxers, such as BOTOX® and Dysport®, are injected directly into your facial muscles to temporarily reduce the appearance of minor to moderate fine lines and wrinkles. These injections can generally be performed in about 20 minutes and results can last up to four months.
Dermal fillers work differently, as they are injectable hyaluronic acid fillers. This natural occurring substance found in the body is injected directly under the skin. It is usually used to smooth skin and reverse the appearance of deep wrinkles and folds around the mouth and eyes and to temporarily add volume to the lips and cheeks.
Dermal fillers work differently, as they are injectable hyaluronic acid fillers used to temporarily add volume and smooth skin. This natural occurring substance found in the body is injected directly under the skin to reverse the appearance of deep wrinkles and folds around the mouth and eyes, as well as add volume to the lips and cheeks.
A liquid facelift can quickly enhance the soft tissues in your face. It can be completed in about one hour and results can last up to one year.
If you are looking for an affordable and nonsurgical approach to achieving a younger looking appearance, dermal fillers are used in liquid facelifts, and quickly enhance the soft tissues in your face. Performed under local anesthesia, treatment will be completed in about one hour and results can last up to one year.
Benefits of Injectable Treatments
Premature aging can be caused by many factors such as genetics, age, sun exposure, stress and weight loss. These factors can lead to fine lines, wrinkles, and facial deflation. Injectable treatments can help:
- Minimize minor to severe lines and wrinkles
- Smooth facial folds and furrows
- Contour the face and jawline
- Reduce scars
- Enhance thin lips
- Enhance deflated cheeks
- Reveal a more youthful appearance
- Improve your self-confidence
Types of Injectable Treatments
Below are the injectable treatments available at ReNova Plastic Surgery:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- This injectable is used to treat fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and forehead. It can also be used for treating sweaty armpits and hands, as well as severe headaches and migraines. Results can be seen in about five to ten days and will last three to four months.
- This injectable is also made from botulinum type A to treat crow’s feet or fine lines on the forehead and furrows in between the eyes. Compared to BOTOX®, results can typically be seen a little quicker and will last about three to four months.
- This dermal fillers contains hyaluronic acid, a natural occurring sugar substance in the body. It comes in gel form to target different areas of the face to add volume to the cheeks and lips, and can also be used to smooth nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth. Results can last six months.
- This dermal fillers also contains hyaluronic acid, but is designed to bond with water inside your body to plump the skin and smooth out facial folds around your nose and under your eyes. It can also be used for cheek and lip augmentation. Results can last six months.
Schedule Your Appointment
To learn more about the injectable treatments we provide and which one might work best for you, contact ReNova Plastic Surgery today to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient