Refresh Your Appearance with Minimally Invasive Injectable Treatments
Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers a variety of injectable treatments at our Pittsburgh, PA, practice, including BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, JUVÉDERM®, and Restylane®. These cosmetic treatments can refresh your appearance and diminish the effects of aging, often caused by stress, sun exposure, and lifestyle. At ReNova Plastic Surgery, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez performs the injectable treatments himself so he can ensure patients receive the best care possible.
Muscle Relaxers vs. Dermal Fillers
Muscle relaxers, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®, are injected directly into your facial muscles to temporarily reduce the appearance of minor to moderate fine lines and wrinkles throughout the face. Both treatments can generally be performed in about 20 minutes and results can last up to six months. BOTOX® contains botulinum type A for the paralysis of facial muscles, reducing the appearance of frown lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet.
Similarly, Dysport® is a prescription injection that targets moderate to severe frown lines between eyebrows in adults 65 years of age or younger. Dysport® is also made from botulinum type A to treat crow’s feet or fine lines in the forehead and furrows in between the eyes. Compared to BOTOX®, results can typically be seen a little quicker and will last about three to six months.
Dermal fillers work differently, as they are injectable hyaluronic acid fillers used to temporarily add volume and smooth skin. This natural occurring substance found in the body is injected directly under the skin to reverse the appearance of deep wrinkles and folds around the mouth and eyes, as well as add volume to the lips and cheeks.
A liquid facelift can quickly enhance the soft tissues in your face. It can be completed in about one hour and results can last up to one year.
If you are looking for an affordable and nonsurgical approach to achieving a younger looking appearance, dermal fillers are used in liquid facelifts, and quickly enhance the soft tissues in your face. Performed under local anesthesia, treatment will be completed in about one hour and results can last up to one year.
Benefits of Injectable Treatments
Although fine lines, wrinkles, and facial deflation occur with age, other factors, such as genetics, sun exposure, and stress can cause premature aging. Injectable treatments can:
- Minimize minor to severe lines and wrinkles
- Smooth facial folds and furrows
- Contour the face and jawline
- Reduce scars
- Enhance thin lips
- Enhance deflated cheeks
- Reveal a more youthful appearance
- Improve your self-confidence
Types of Injectable Treatments
Below are the injectable treatments available at ReNova Plastic Surgery:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- This injectable is used to treat fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and forehead. It can also be used for treating sweaty armpits and hands, as well as severe headaches and migraines. Results can be seen in about four to five days and will last three to four months.
- This injectable is also made from botulinum type A to treat crow’s feet or fine lines on the forehead and furrows in between the eyes. Compared to BOTOX®, results can typically be seen a little quicker and will last about three to six months.
- This line of dermal fillers contains hyaluronic acid, a natural occurring sugar substance in the body. It comes in both liquid and gel form to target different areas of the face to add volume to the cheeks and lips, and can also be used to smooth nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth. Results can last six months to one year.
- This line of dermal fillers also contains hyaluronic acid, but is designed to bond with water inside your body to plump the skin and smooth out facial folds around your nose and under your eyes. It can also be used for cheek and lip augmentation. Results can last six months to one year.
Schedule Your Appointment
To learn more about the injectable treatments we provide and which one might work best for you, contact ReNova Plastic Surgery today to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient