Botox Pittsburgh - Fast Facts
- Botox Pittsburgh is a medication used to paralyze muscles.
- For over 10 years Botox has been used for the prevention of wrinkles to the forehead and crows feet.
- Other non FDA uses of Botox are the bunny lines, gummy smile and neck bands.
- It is also used for the prevention of overactive under arm sweat glands and hands.
- Make an appointment with Dr. Clavijo to design the best options for you.
Facial Muscle Relaxers
What is Botox?
Botox is the use of botulinum toxin for the paralysis of facial muscles. This will prevent the wrinkles that become more apparent with aging.
How painful is the procedure?
Not too painful. It feels like a bee sting. It is well tolerated by most patients.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
The most important thing when considering Botox is to identify the areas of your face that bother you the most. Some of the areas of most concern that most of my patients share with me are:
- Frowning lines
- Crows feet
- Bunny lines
- Perioral lines
- Chin lines
- Neck bands
Is Botox safe?
YES. Botox is a safe medication. The toxic doses are 2700 units. The maximum units use to address many of the areas of the face is less than 100 units usually.
Am I too young to have Botox?
The original medical indication for botox was in kids suffering from cross eye vision. Truly the indication for Botox is when the patient starts having the pronounce wrinkles in their face. Preventing the muscle animation, will delay the need for future surgical procedures to correct the problem.
When I will be seeing the results of my Botox?
The average time to see the results of Botox is 4 to 7 days.
What complications could occur?
Some of possible complications after Botox treatments are:
- Droopy upper eyelid
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient