Enhance the Volume of Your Lips with Lip Augmentation
Lip Augmentation Fast Facts
Trust your lip augmentation procedure to Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez, the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Lip augmentation, also known as lip enhancement or lip plumping, is the injection of temporary fillers to the lip providing a fuller look
- Temporary fillers, based on hyaluronic acid, last 6 months to 8 months.
- Lip augmentation is performed under local anesthesia and it is usually completed in 45 minutes to an hour.
- The usual recovery time is 2 to 3 days.
What is Lip Augmentation?
Lip enhancement or lip plumping is the improvement of your lips by injecting temporary fillers. This can be done with various types of fillers or your own fat.
How and where is the procedure done?
Lip augmentation is done at our office. It is done under local anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 45 minutes to an hour. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
The most important decision for lip augmentation is to determine the volume that you would like to achieve. Bringing photos of models that reflect the desire result is useful.
Are the various fillers safe?
My preferred filler for lip augmentation is Juvederm. It is based on hyaluronic acid. This is a natural component of our body. Depending on the cross-linking of the filler, the duration may vary from 3 months to 8 months. The one that I use last for 6 to 8 months.
Is silicone an option for more permanent results?
NEVER. Silicone should NEVER be injected into soft tissues. If somebody offers you silicone as a filler, please decide against it. It is not FDA approved and it will ruin your tissues.
What is the recovery?
Following your lip augmentation, you should plan for the following:
- 2-3 days away from a social event.
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Follow up appointments at: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months
What complications could occur?
The main complications after lip augmentation are:
- Need for touch ups
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient