Renew Your Appearance with Acne Scar Laser Treatment
Acne Scar Laser Treatment Fast Facts
Trust your acne scarring laser procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Acne scarring is characterized by dimpling of the skin. Precision TX™ laser treatments deliver a 1440nm laser that releases the scar from the deeper structures of the face. The result is a 50-70% improvement of the symptoms.
- Local anesthesia is used for the surgery.
- The procedure is usually completed in 1 to 1:30 hours.
- The usual recovery time is 3-7 days.
What is Acne Scar LASER treatment?
The Acne scar treatment is done with a cutting edge laser. The skin of the face is contoured by releasing deeper attachments and by favoring the formation of collagen on the skin.
How and where is the surgery done?
ReNova’s Acne scar laser treatments are performed in our office surgical facility. We do it by administrating local anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1:00 to 1:30 hours. You will be able to go home shortly after your procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
When undergoing an acne scar laser treatment, the most important step is to make a list of the areas of scaring that concern you the most.
Do I need a garment after the procedure?
Yes. The purpose is to help the tissue reattach to avoid the formation of fluid collection.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your acne scar laser treatment, you should plan for the following:
- 2-3 days off from work, if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: Resume activities at 4 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments at: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Need for external laser treatments (Fraxel) to favor a better skin resurfacing.
"Not only is Dr. Julio great but so is his staff and office environment! I have recommended family members and friends to him for various procedures and all agree!"Real Patient