Breast enhancement can improve the appearance of your breasts and boost your self-confidence. At ReNova Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa in Wexford, Monroeville, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD offers a wide range of breast-enhancement procedures. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez is a board-certified plastic surgeon and can help you choose treatments to enhance your natural beauty. To learn more about available procedures, contact us today, online or over the phone.
What is Breast Enhancement?
If you’re unhappy with your breasts, cosmetic surgery is one possible solution. Breast enhancements are surgical procedures that alter the look and feel of your breasts. Breast surgery can include:
- Breast augmentation
- Average Cost: $6,000–$12,000
- Breast augmentation enhances the size of the breasts with implants.
- Breast implant removal
- Breast implant removal removes breast implants and returns the breasts to their pre-implant size.
- Breast lift and augmentation
- This combination procedure both enhances the size of the breasts and lifts the position of the nipple, for a more youthful appearance.
- Breast lift
- Average Cost: $6,000 to $12,000
- Breast lift surgery repositions the nipple to restore the appearance of youthfulness.
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Nipple reduction optimizes the areola size to meet the patient’s cosmetic concerns.
- Breast reconstruction
- Often covered by insurance, breast reconstruction can help improve a woman’s self confidence after trauma or cancer.
- Breast reduction
- Average Cost: $6,500 – $10,000
- Breast reduction creates a more proportionate body shape by reducing the breast size.
- Gynecomastia surgery
- Average Cost: $5,000 – $10,000
- Gynecomastia surgery reduces the size of male breast tissue, to create a more masculine physique.
Many patients have several goals for their breast-enhancement procedure. Breast augmentation with lift is an especially popular breast enhancement procedure for women of all ages. This procedure combines several surgical techniques to create larger, firmer, more youthful-looking breasts.
Breast surgery can also include reconstructive procedures to help cancer survivors regain their natural breast size and shape after a mastectomy. Patients who have undergone other types of major chest surgery can also opt for plastic surgery to help with the reconstruction process.
How Much Does a Breast Enhancement Procedure Cost?
Breast enlargement procedures in the Pittsburgh area typically range from $6,000–$12,000. Surgery costs can vary. Your final price will depend on which surgeon you choose, what procedure you select, and your geographic area.
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast
The best candidates for breast-enhancement procedures are in good overall health. Patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or undergoing cancer treatment will not be eligible for some forms of breast surgery.
As with all plastic surgery, it’s important to have realistic expectations for your surgical outcomes. But breast enhancement can help most patients meet their aesthetic goals. Breast surgery can:
- Increase your breast size or volume
- Remove excess breast tissue
- Reshape your breast
- Resize or reposition your areolas
- Replace existing implants
To find out if breast enhancement is right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez. During your consultation, he’ll review your medical history and your aesthetic goals. He can help you decide which breast-enhancement procedure will meet your goals.
Most surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis. An overnight hospital stay is seldom required. Breast-enhancement patients can usually return to their normal lifestyle within two weeks. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez will let you know when it’s safe to resume your favorite athletic activities.
How is Breast Enhancement Performed?
Each breast enlargement procedure is performed according to the patient’s unique needs. However, in most cases our breast enhancement procedures are performed under general anesthesia. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez will make the incision under the breast and insert your selected implant, either above or below the pectoral muscle, according to your determined treatment plan. He will then close the incisions so the healing process can begin.
What Kind of Results Can I Expect?
You may continue to experience some swelling as your incisions heal. Full results generally appear within two to three months and can be enjoyed for the long-term. On average, most implants last anywhere from seven to 12 years.
At ReNova Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez never performs “cookie-cutter” surgeries. Instead, he works to help each patient achieve natural-looking results. So if you have been considering how this procedure could benefit you, we’re ready to help. Our office is convenient for residents of Pittsburgh, Monroeville, Wexford and the surrounding PA communities. To learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact us.