Juvéderm® is a leading brand of dermal filler products designed to help patients restore facial volume, eliminating lines and wrinkles in the process. At ReNova Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, we carry a range of Juvéderm® products and offer these treatments to the men and women living in Pittsburgh and the neighboring communities in Pennsylvania.
What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® is a family of injectable dermal filler products that simultaneously restore volume to the face and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The Juvéderm® formula is largely composed of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that helps the skin retain moisture and volume.
When injected into the face, the Juvéderm® formula smooths out lines and wrinkles and enhances facial contours by adding natural-looking volume to the skin. Your Juvéderm® before and after will delight you, as this product can address wrinkles that include:
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Smile lines
- Laugh lines
- And other wrinkles and folds
At ReNova Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, we offer the following products from the Juvéderm® family:
- Juvéderm Voluma®
- Juvéderm Voluma® is a Juvéderm® product specifically designated for enhancing cheek volume. This non-surgical cheek augmentation technique adds volume to the cheeks to produce a lifted, youthful appearance. We often recommend Juvéderm Voluma® to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks.
- Juvéderm Vollure™
- Like the original Juvéderm® formula, Juvéderm Vollure™ is designed to address a variety of facial wrinkles and folds. However, the Juvéderm Vollure™ formula is optimized for treating particularly deep wrinkles and folds. We typically recommend Juvéderm Vollure™ to patients with moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Juvéderm Volbella®
- Juvéderm Volbella® is the Juvéderm® product created for lip enhancement. With Juvéderm Volbella®, patients can achieve fuller, plumper lips while also minimizing the appearance of fine lines around the mouth. We often recommend Juvéderm Volbella® to patients who are experiencing age-related volume loss in the lips, or those who simply desire larger, fuller Juvéderm® lips.
- Juvéderm Ultra®
- Specifically designed for wrinkles around the eyes and lips, Juvéderm Ultra® is a lighter, thinner option for these smaller areas.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus®
- Injected into the mid and deeper layers of the dermis, Juvéderm Ultra Plus® creates a greater volume over a much larger area.
How Much Does Juvéderm® Cost?
The cost of your Juvéderm® procedure will vary depending on your unique needs, but usually costs between $125 and $500. Our team will calculate your Juvéderm® cost during your consultation. In an effort to ensure all our procedures are financially accessible, we’re proud to accept a wide range of payment options, including financing through Dollar Bank and CareCredit®.
Am I a Good Candidate for Juvéderm®?
If you would like to restore facial volume and smooth out lines and wrinkles without the use of surgery, you may be a good candidate for Juvéderm®. As with all our procedures, the best way to determine your candidacy for this procedure is to schedule a consultation.
How is a Juvéderm® Treatment Performed?
The Juvéderm® treatment begins with the application of a local anesthetic, which will help reduce any discomfort during the injection process. Juvéderm® products also contain lidocaine, a local numbing agent, which should further reduce any pain.
During the treatment, the Juvéderm® formula will be injected into and around the desired treatment area. We may also lightly massage the area to ensure the formula is evenly distributed. A Juvéderm® treatment typically takes less than 30 minutes to perform.
What is the Recovery from Juvéderm® Like?
Juvéderm® is a quick and minimally invasive treatment, which requires no significant recovery process. You may notice some initial redness or sensitivity following your injections, but these effects usually fade within a day or two. You will be able to resume all normal activities immediately following your treatment.
How Long Does Juvéderm® Last?
The results from your Juvéderm® treatment will be visible immediately following your treatment, as the Juvéderm® formula provides instant volume upon injection. These results will become more visible as any minor side effects fade.
The results from Juvéderm® can last between six months and two years or longer, depending on the Juvéderm® product used. Additional treatments can be easily administered to extend the duration of your results.
To determine which Juvéderm® product is right for you, contact us today at ReNova Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa. We’ll be happy to help you schedule a consultation to discuss your needs with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez. We welcome patients from Pittsburgh, Monroeville, Wexford and the surrounding Pennsylvania communities.