If you are uncomfortable with the look or feel of your labia, labiaplasty surgery could be the right choice. Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez is sensitive to each patient’s most personal needs, providing high quality results in and around Pittsburgh, PA.
Labiaplasty Fast Facts
Trust your labiaplasty procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Labiaplasty addresses skin laxity and elongation to the labia minora and labia majora that results in discomfort wearing underwear or tight clothing
- The surgery will remove the excess skin by enhancing the contour of the labia.
- It is performed under mild sedation and local anesthesia.
- It is usually completed in 1 ½ hours.
- The usual recovery time is 1 to 2 weeks.
What is the Labiaplasty technique?
It is the removal of excess tissue to the labia minora.
Labiaplasty Cost Near Pittsburgh, PA
The typical labiaplasty surgery cost near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ranges from $2,200 – $4,025. This price variation is based on calculations published on Realself. A few of the variables that determine costs of a procedure will vary by surgeon, geographic region and complexity of the procedure.
How and where is the surgery done?
The procedure is done in an accredited AAAASF and state certified facility. It is done under local and sedation anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1 hour. It is done as an outpatient procedure.
What are some of the limitations of the procedure?
The main limitation of Labiaplasty is the excess of skin close to the clitoris. We need to preserve the hood of skin in this area, to avoid changes in sensation.
What Happens During Labiaplasty Recovery?
Following your surgery, you should plan for the following:
- 3-7 days off from work if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 2-6 weeks
- Exercise: resume lower body activities slowly at 1 week
- No sexual intercourse for 4-6 weeks
- Follow up appointments after: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur after labia rejuvenation?
Some of the possible complications after labiaplasty are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Opening of the sutures
Rest assured, our team is here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about your labiaplasty surgery before and after it is completed.
How Long Will My Labiaplasty Results Last?
The results of your labiaplasty surgery are designed to be long-term. However, after your surgery, the body will continue to age. As it does, the labia could become more lax. However, this procedure should minimize and slow down future labia aging. For a better idea of what to expect, you may want to see our labiaplasty before and after photos.
Labiaplasty surgery is an effective choice for women struggling with an elongated or stretched labia. If you have questions about this procedure and are ready to learn more, we are here to help. Our office is convenient for residents of Pittsburgh, Monroeville, Wexford and the surrounding PA communities. Contact us today to get started.