If you have developed scars on the face, after a surgery or as a result of an injury, you may be seeking a way to minimize the appearance and potential pain that this car has caused. The good news is that laser scar revision is available at ReNova Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa. Whether you are seeking laser treatment for surgical scars, laser treatment for scars on legs or any other concern, our team can help. We are conveniently located for residents of Pittsburgh and the surrounding Pennsylvania communities. Learn more today.
Acne Scar Laser Treatment Fast Facts
Trust your acne scarring laser procedure to the best-reviewed plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Acne scarring is characterized by dimpling of the skin. Precision TX™ laser treatments deliver a 1440nm laser that releases the scar from the deeper structures of the face. The result is a 50-70% improvement of the symptoms.
- Local anesthesia is used for the surgery.
- The procedure is usually completed in 1 to 1:30 hours.
- The usual recovery time is 3-7 days.
How Much Does Laser Scar Revision Cost?
Your laser scar revision cost will depend upon your unique needs and the techniques used. We calculate all of our procedures on an individual basis, and will provide your unique pricing during your consultation. Additionally, we are glad to accept a wide range of payment options, including financing through DollarBank and CareCredit®.
What is Acne Scar LASER treatment?
The Acne scar treatment is done with a cutting edge laser. The skin of the face is contoured by releasing deeper attachments and by favoring the formation of collagen on the skin.
How and where is the surgery done?
ReNova’s Acne scar laser treatments are performed in our office surgical facility. We do it by administrating local anesthesia. The duration of the procedure is about 1:00 to 1:30 hours. You will be able to go home shortly after your procedure.
What decisions do I need to make before my procedure?
When undergoing an acne scar laser treatment, the most important step is to make a list of the areas of scaring that concern you the most.
Do I need a garment after the procedure?
Yes. The purpose is to help the tissue reattach to avoid the formation of fluid collection.
What is the post-op recovery?
Following your acne scar laser treatment, you should plan for the following:
- 2-3 days off from work, if non-physical
- No driving while taking narcotic medication
- Swelling for 1-2 weeks
- Exercise: Resume activities at 4 weeks, and back to normal at 6 weeks
- Follow up appointments at: one week, 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year
What complications could occur?
Some of the possible complications are:
- Infection (<1%)
- Bleeding (<1%)
- Need for external laser treatments (Fraxel) to favor a better skin resurfacing.
Laser scar revision is a safe, effective and convenient procedure for patients seeking to reduce the appearance or pain of a sustained scar. At ReNova Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez offers laser scar revision for residents of Pittsburgh, Monroeville, Wexford and the surrounding PA communities. Contact us to learn more.